Andrea Courtney's Real Estate Blog

Your source for news and information on Arizona's ever changing real estate market!







Tuesday, July 20, 2010

An interesting (and promising) observation!

For those of you who don't already know, I drive ALOT!! On a normal day I can rack up 100 miles quite easily. On my sweeps back and forth and across the west valley, I've noticed that a huge number of developments that had begun to look like abandoned ghost towns have new life in them. I've also been getting a surge of emails from home builders offering pricing sheets and incentives for their homes. I cannot even remember the last time I've been a a model home, but I'm glad to see that pulse of new home building is beginning to beat again.

For existing home owners this means that vacant lots that surround their homes may soon have be occupied with a neighbor, and as a result help stablize values and build equity. For Buyers, it means an alternative to short sales and REO's....provided that the builders attempt to be competitive with their pricing.

Just thought I'd share this interesting (and promising) observation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment